Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus some suggestions from our social followers.
English Tourism Week
Discover some of the best events happening in Manchester this weekend before this week long celebration comes to an end. For a full round up of what’s on click here.
Solar Eclipse at Pi: Platform for Investigation (BBC Stargazing Live)
To celebrate one of the most exciting events in the celestial calender the solar eclipse, take a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday to learn more about our solar system and its place within the universe.
Olivier-nominated director Ellen McDougall makes her Royal Exchange debut with this stripped-back and contemporary version of one of the greatest novels ever written. For tickets click here.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @DMcKeith: This weekend visit Movie Classics concert by the Halle Orchestra at Bridgewater Hall on Saturday. @the_halle @BridgewaterHall
- @CllrAntrobus: Craft fair in Fletcher Hall behind St Peter’s Church, Swinton, 11am to 4pm, Saturday.
- @MJHerbert: Go the Mary Quaile Day on women’s history and politics on Saturday, part of the @WonderWomen Festival, http://maryquaileclub.wordpress.com
- @GlossopCartons: Soak up the fantastic atmosphere!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Deborah Todd: Check out Run Expo @ event city
- Handheld Tours: Our Ramsbottom and Peel Monument walking tour makes for a great day out & it is currently FREE to download on our app: handheldtours.co.uk/walk/ramsbottom/
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com