Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus some suggestions from our social followers.
Head into the city this weekend to experience FutureEverything, this collaborative arts festival brings together a variety of artists to present their visions and concepts of ‘the future’ to audiences.
Inject a spot of culture into this weekend with a trip to see Casa Tomada; a swarm of giant ants invade the gallery walls in this extraordinary installation at The Lowry.
Photo credit: Ben Blackall
The Urban Food Fest launches on Saturday 28 February and will be offering visitors some of the finest street food around, with 15 food trucks and stalls there’s something to cater for all tastes.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @alexmellor17: maybe check out the re-vamped whitworth art gallery .
- @MaidenTaiwanUK: if you love street food check out @UrbanFoodFest and @beatstreetmcr.
- @naomijane1234: chill factore play factore jumpnation
- @RochdaleYouthie: #Rochdale woodland festival at Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough
- @thebigleboydski: visit the @TattooTeaParty at @EventCityUK
- @JayJaySteffen: Start with @mcrartgallery, then take the tram to @MediaCityUK and have lunch at The Dockyard, followed by a visit to @IWMNorth.
- @enthusiasticbag: Go to a local market. @HMoorMarket is open on Sunday. 11am -3pm.
- @kissmyart: I suggest they check out my daily postcard exhibition @NexusArtCafe. They do good cakes too.
- @VisitBolton: Head to the Bolton Comi-Con, lined-up with an array of celebrity guests – 11am – 4pm at @BoltonWhitesHtl, http://www.boltonwhiteshotel.co.uk/en/events/up-coming-events
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Ollie Hurved: Vintage market near liars club, starts at 11, £2 entry.
- Jean Cavanagh: Haphazard at the Z arts centre in Hulme – Saturday afternoon.
- Jason Jeandron: Visit Castlefield Market and take one of the guided tours of the City.
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com