Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus some suggestions from our social followers.
The Whitworth Opening Weekend
Join The Whitworth Art Gallery for a Valentine’s weekend of art, music, talks, walks and performance. To finish the celebrations there will be a fire and light show followed by a night of performance art and an after party led by legendary Manchester DJ, Dave Haslam.
The Hallé Valentine’s Day Concert
On the most romantic night of the year, take your loved one to The Bridgewater Hall and join the Hallé, Stephen Bell and vocalists Anna-Jane Casey and Graham Bickley for a concert devoted to romance and love.
Visit this new Northern Quarter bar within the hold of a former hat factory. There is plenty to keep you entertained, including a cinema, gaming room, toasties and great cocktails.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @lancashirebelle Manchester Metropolitan Students invite you to tea and jive like it’s 1945 this evening. http://www.friendsofthe40s.com/
- @VisitBolton for a range of things to do this weekend check out our website! http://www.visitbolton.com
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel: Valentine’s Dinner @Mercuremanchest – Tables still available for tonight and tomorrow, please call direct on 0161 234 6060 to check available dining times. http://www.mercuremanchester.co.uk/valentines.html
- Steven Mangini: Whitworth Art Gallery opens after it’s refurb. Looks splendid
- Jon Milner: Breed
- Terence Coogan: Reach for the sky punk, this is a stick up.
- Annabel Holland: The Whitworth re-opening. MOSI Victorian fairground.
- David Shanahan: National squash championship finals this sat and Sunday Nat squash centre sports city
- Nancy Hopkins: Our Steam, Sweat and Sewers half term extravaganza starts at MOSI tomorrow. Loads of free family activities – Pop Bottle microscopes, Goo in the Loo and Pablo Fanque’s Circus of Dreams. There’s also a Victorian Fairground, charges apply. http://mosi.org.uk/whats-on/steam-sweat-and-sewers.aspx
- Stephen Sutherland: Join Social Circle going to the Whitworth Art Gallery Relaunch @ http://www.social-circle.co.uk/
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com