Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus some suggestions from our social media friends.
Get involved in a Friday food fight
A new cocktail menu, head-to-head food challenges, amazing street food and DJs powering the party all night. Friday Food Fight returns to Manchester for 2015 and entry is free.
Enjoy an evening of free theatre
The Kings Arms hosts a full weekend of new and unique theatre created by emerging talent from the North West. Writers, directors and actors have been brought together to create new pieces specifically to be shown as part of Play-4-Free Festival.
Dance to the new sound of Cuba “Timba”
The Cuba Vida Salsa Band are an exciting group offering a unique sound emerging from Latin, Jazz, Funk, Reggae-Ton, Salsa music. Head to Matt & Phred’s for an extraordinary atmosphere both on and off the dancefloor this Saturday evening.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @sianbennett @beatstreetmcr for the opening of #FRIDAYFOODFIGHT 👍🍔🍹🎶
- @naomijane1234 mosi #Manchester
- @Tomfooleryat34 #FRIDAYFOODFIGHT pic.twitter.com/rKtJQL29v5
- @petedenton @MacmillanMANC There is a big festival of brass bands at the @RNCMvoice this weekend.
- @Mr3lack Richmond Tea Rooms #aliceinwonderland
- @Steveyp11 @TheBotanistAE for the hanging kebabs #mint
- @Locks_Liverpool Go to Strictly come dancing on Saturday!!!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Bridie Meehan: First aid kit is apearing at the Appolo tonight, Strictly Come Dancing is on at the Arena on Sunday, Great shopping in between grabbing a bite to eat at one of our many superb eateries in the city and surrounding villages makes for a fabulous weekend in Manchester
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com