Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus some suggestions from our social media friends.
Bounce around at Europe’s largest indoor trampoline arena
A phenomenal fusion of fitness and fun. Featuring 139 trampolines joined together over two levels, an enormous foam pit, an under 6’s area. Jump Nation is the perfect outing for fun-lovers of any age, shape or physical ability.
Uncover the mysteries of light at MOSI
Witness levitating clouds, a laser that copies a supernova, and capture light in your hands. From wearable light tech to photon science and forensics, the applications of light technology are endless. Pi: Platform for Investigation is a day of free, hands on experiments for all ages.
Watch a Monty Python at Manchester Opera House
Lovingly ripped off from the classic film, Spamalot tells the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and features a bevy of beautiful show girls, killer rabbits and French people.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @SharksCommunity: Big game at the @AJBell_Stadium this Saturday with @SaleSharksRugby playing Clermont in the European Champions Cup !
- @jonnyward21: visit greater Manchester fire museum. Eat at reds bbq albert square. Walk the snowy canal paths
- @AnnikaEdge: #replay2015 festival at @HOME_mcr
- @alliegr: Rent a canal boat for the day and cruise Manchester’s waterways 🙂
- @Lescoleen67: Go for a run at @PenFlashparkrun #3thingstodo
- @dagnall67: Namco funscape Trafford Centre good time
- @CastlefieldGall: #CG’s 30th anniversary show #30YearsoftheFuture http://ow.ly/HpYGz 15 emerging artists that we’ll be seeing a lot more of
- @ACPFestival: Hello! We might be biased, but it’s our first all-dayer of 2015 w/ 8 excellent acts for £5 at Gullivers
- @VisitBolton: you could get your tickets to see the @octagontheatre’s ‘A View from the Bridge’! More details at http://bit.ly/1xDMp3i
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Angel Gabrielle: Why not be among the first to visit the North West’s largest Vintage Emporium here at Pear Mill in Stockport. We’ve just opened and are stuffed to the walls with genuine vintage clothing from some of the best traders in the UK, incredible industrial salvage, UK based designed and made goods and wonderful vintage furniture. Great little cafe and FREE parking. Open 10 ’til 4 pm Sat and Sun SK6 2BP – hope to see you!
- David Shanahan: Man Utd Museum
- Manchester Tour Guide: Ancoats guided walk on Sat 17 Jan at 11am – the unique history and outstanding architecture of the world’s first industrial suburb. Details: www.ancoatswalk.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Stephen Sutherland: Social Circle has loads great free events on this weekend, ranging from comedy, meals and healthy walks or even Champagne Afternoon Tea details @ http://www.social-circle.co.uk/calendar-view.asp
- Clare Taylor: Arty visitors – Richmond Tea Rooms, Manchester Art Gallery, Mcdc Manchester Craft and a peek in Fred Aldous
- Nancy Hopkins: Pop down to Pi at the Museum of Science and Industry tomorrow for a chance to have a go on an awesome laser harp
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com