Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus a cheeky competition and some suggestions from our social media friends.
- Unleash your creative side and make a festive wreath at Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre Gardens. Bring your cutting tools and join the Head Gardener to create a natural garland for your front door with foliage, berries and crab apples collected from the gardens.
- One of the city’s most iconic shopping destinations brings something a bit different to the Town Hall for the Manchester Christmas Markets. Afflecks are located in the foyer and you can find a range of alternative clothing, hand crafted jewellery, retro and American confectionery and many more unique Christmas treats.
- Join Manchester City Football Club for its fifth annual Santa Stroll and help raise funds to support young and vulnerable people in the local Manchester area. The fun-filled family day includes a walk or run plus there are loads of activities in City Square from 9.30am including a Santa’s grotto and rodeo reindeer.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @ARTSyncHyde: MotherGoose at Hyde Town Hall with on Sat 13th & Mon 15th.
- @Fedge28: Charity afternoon with free cake and Manc’s finest acoustic artists this Sun @Bar21mcr
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Lisa Newbold: Manchester Christmas Markets
- Adam Fowler: You must try airkix indoor skydiving at the Trafford Centre Leisure Quays
- Laura Pearse: Lantern Walk at Chester Zoo
For more festive ideas go to visitmanchester.com/christmas