Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus a cheeky competition and some suggestions from our social media friends.
- Revel in the very best of brass at Oldham’s wonderful winter music event, Brass Monkeys, taking place on Saturday 11am – 4pm. There will be a mix of festive favourites and popular songs with bands playing across two stages on High Street and outside the Market Hall.
- Drop in for a fun afternoon of Christmas crafts with the kids at the John Rylands Library. Make your own festive decorations and help Grumbold the Library Dragon decorate his tree.
- A classic pre-Christmas celebration for the whole family will be taking place on Sunday at The Mere. Enjoy a traditional 3 course lunch, a visit from santa and a Christmas panto for good measure.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @PaulieSc: Xmas Markets are the obvious choice!
- @ebyford: Festive film screening of ELF at Central Library tomorrow afternoon, plus free drop in Christmas workshop! http://www.librarylive.co.uk/event/elf-film-screening-and-workshop/
- @tmbc_culture: There will be a fabulous handmade Christmas Market at Portland Basin Museum
- @StickupMedia: We suggest they get their skates on! @Spinningfields ice rink ❄️ #placetobe 🙂
- @adamleigh25: Visit the suburbs on a night out- Didsbury/Chorlton etc. I love the city centre, but there’s more to Mcr than that.
- @AndrewJRConsult: Try two museums and the secret under city canal walk, plus @AustralasiaMcr bar for dinner! Enjoy!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- David Shanahan: Take in the northern Quarter nite life
- Clare Simpson: Small Business Saturday celebrated in the Northern Quarter with a market on Oak Street. Pop into Manchester Craft & Design Centre while you’re there for unique pressies and free wrapping today!
- Diane Pollitt-Walmsley: Snow White and the Seven dwarfs with Warwick Davis and Priscilla Presley at the Opera House starts this evening
For more festive ideas go to visitmanchester.com/christmas