Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Greater Manchester this weekend plus a cheeky competition and some suggestions from our social media friends.
- The original cool, Northern Quarter shopping destination. Manchester Craft and Design Centre is the place to buy exclusive, one off, handmade gifts for loved ones courtesy of 30 talented, resident designers.
- Santa is in town and you can visit him at the Manchester Arndale Grotto all weekend. This could be your chance to get your hands on that pony, so don’t forget to be on your best behavior.
- At the Whisky Sessions music lovers will be able to experience and taste a wide range of whiskies, while enjoying an impressive line-up of more than twenty acts performing across two stages at one of the North West’s most unique event spaces.
- Win a Family Ticket worth £60 for the Hallé’s big screening of The Snowman on Tuesday 23 December at 4pm in The Bridgewater Hall
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @LoveHoundUK Christmas markets coffee in one of the many independant coffee shops lunch in the NQ
- @JoanneLikesFood NQ Pop-up market Thomas St. & Oak St. Fri & Sat 10-4
- @BadManMedia All about @WhiskySessions taking over @VicWarehouse this weekend pic.twitter.com/WexX03pKs9
- @CastlefieldGall Final chance to see contemporary artist @HPandhal debut solo show @CastlefieldGall http://ow.ly/EEkek Open Sat+Sun 1-6pm FREE
- @CastlefieldGall Last weekend of @TriennialMcr 14 inc. @CFCCA_UK @ManchesterCraft @BuryArtMuseum @CastlefieldGall… http://ow.ly/EEkNr
- @panda_arts 2 great shows @kingssalford @OrgChaosProds & @FaroProductions
- @themet @burybeerfestival with music and fine local beers and ciders today and tomorrow
- @CornerhouseMcr Artist Naomi Kashigawi turns the crossing outside @CornerhouseMcr into a musical carousel tomorrow at 12 http://bit.ly/1r3Vls2
- @PendletonNW We suggest visitors to Greater Manchester have got to visit the Christmas Markets. Great place to chill. pic.twitter.com/eA8Zt64ir9
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Simon Cymro Williams: Christmas markets and Cat on a hot tin roof at The Royal Exchange Theatre and a bite to eat at somewhere nice like The Botanist, Don Marco or Rosso etc
- Shell Parry: Christmas market and mosi maybe a bite at pearl city ( upstairs not down) xxx
- Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel: Coronation Street: the tour at Old Granada Studios – from 22nd November until 11th January it’s “Christmas on the Cobbles” with snow topped roofs and festive decorations. Then come and see us at the V&A for our Festive Afternoon Tea!
- Pegeen Murphy: Opening night at Alice in Wonderland at The Octagon