Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend plus a cheeky competition and some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- With one of the most family friendly line-ups in the history of Manchester’s Christmas celebrations, this year’s light switch-on show will have something for everyone. Join the party from 7:30pm on Friday in Albert Square.
- Catch the colourful reindeer parade on its journey through Oldham town centre on Saturday. See Santa and his real reindeer, elves, giant toys and more.
- Manchester Ice Rink is now open. Skate amongst the glass towers of the city’s luxury dining and retail quarter and soak up the Christmas atmosphere on a romantic date, night with friends or family day out.
- Travel First Class to Manchester with Virgin Trains and stay overnight in the gorgeous boutique hotel, the Malmaison. Enter the competition here
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @RivingtonChoco1: Northern quarter for breakfast then art & crafts centre, then art gallery followed by late lunch at San Carlos ….or Nings 🙂
- @VisitBolton: Dave Spikey will be performing at the @octagontheatre as part of his Punchlines tour! Sat 8th, 7.30pm, £16 per ticket!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Gill Shelmerdine: Lowry outlet snow ball event, plus the waterside market.
- Paula Turnough: Ice rink at spinningfields
- Steven Mangini: Go to Cenotaph in St Peters Square on Sunday with a poppy in your lapel to give support and respect to the people who gave their lives for our freedom.
- Katie O’Connor: This week is Guerrilla Eats #secondbirthdayparty celebrating their 2nd year of street food parties. This week they have 6 street food traders and a fully stocked bar with a very special guest appearance from Tim Peaks with coffees, cakes and Tim Peaks DJs. There is a big Retweet competition to be won @Guerrilla_Eats and as usual it’s family friendly and FREE ENTRY!
- Tray Keymer-Blay Irlam: Fireworks Display 6pm-9pm tonight http://www.salford.gov.uk/viewevent.htm?id=6714
- Salford City Council: Join us in the park for funfair rides and fireworks. Fire show starts at 7.00pm. Fireworks at 7.30pm. Funfair until 9.00pm.
- Lauren Jones: Friday food fight next to amc at the Great Northern
For more festive ideas go to visitmanchester.com/christmas