Put your headphones in for the video above!
Here’s our creepy guide to the freakiest events taking place in and around Manchester this weekend plus a spooky competition and some grim suggestions from our social media ghouls.
- Can visitors out-run Leatherface and his Chainsaw? Will the Zombies rise before they get out? Does everybody enjoy the tricks of a clown? If it’s being chased by a chainsaw wielding psychopath or hunted down by zombies that is of interest then the Farm of Horror is the place to go.
- Take a steam train ride into the unknown with a host of funny monsters and colourful creeps, swoop past darkened tunnels and abandoned stations, witness poltergeist parades and more. Get ready for spooky surprises and frightening fun on the East Lancashire Railway’s Halloween Ghost Train.
- There will be frightening bowling fun all night long on Halloween at All Star Lanes. The bar will be serving a selection of special Halloween cocktails topped with dry ice and there will also be face painting and a fire-eating performance as guests enter the venue. Entry is free all night long and DJs will be playing retro party bangers to keep the party going.
- To entertain the little ones this Halloween there’s only one place to be. Join the National Football Museum in the storytelling corner of the Discovery Zone for a fun interactive Halloween Story Session developed especially for under-5s and their grown-ups.
- The UK’s biggest, best and original Zombie Walk is back raising money for charity in the process. Joining the event at The Printworks will be Hollywood make-up artist Shaune Harrison who worked on the blockbuster Zombie film WORLD WAR Z. The zombie goodness will kick off at 3pm with Zombie themed stalls, music, make up, fun and games.
- Hop on your broomstick and fly down to Panacea on Sunday for a night of freaky, frighteningly good fun…make sure you leave the broom outside. Tickets for Fright Night are £20 and you can get your cold, clammy hands on some here
Here’s what our Twitter stalkers fancy a taste of this weekend:
@brightarrows it’s the last weekend of @McrSciFest, loads going on =]
@OVG_Rachel There is a great exhibition on at the Manchester Art Gallery – The Sensory War 1914-2014. Really worth seeing!
@squidgemallows come to @CastlefieldMrkt sat 10 til 5 fab selection of traders!
And here’s what our Facebook zombies will be tucking in to this weekend:
Katie O’Connor: This Saturday at the award winning #Ghoulrrilleaeats, come trick or treat with us. With 6 street food traders, Resident DJ’s, Beer and Cocktails bar. Our traders will have plenty of treats to give away at their Trick or Treat stations and best dressed.
Jeni Hawkswell: The RNCM Big Band is joined by Julian Joseph this evening to perform ‘The Atomic Mr Basie’ which is also part of this year’s Manchester Science Festival. It’s not necessarily Halloween-themed, but it’s a cool alternative for those of us who need to cut down on Halloween candy! http://goo.gl/KS7eQK