Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend plus a cheeky competition and some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- A burst of creation, experimentation and wonder is at the heart of this year’s Manchester Science Festival proudly produced by the Museum of Science & Industry. Running in over 40 venues across Greater Manchester, this award-winning festival is now in its eighth year.
- Take a trip to the National Football Museum for an afternoon of oriental crafts. Visitors can use spray-paint and stencils to create graphic Tika-Taka Chinese characters based on their favourite football phrases.
- World-class taekwondo returns to Manchester Central and the cream of British talent – including Olympic gold medallist Jade Jones and last year’s winners Lutalo Muhammad and Mahama Cho – will be battling for ranking points for Rio 2016. The WTF World Taekwondo Grand Prix will bring together the world’s leading 250 athletes across 3 days of exciting competition.
- Treat the family to a festive day out at the luxurious Tatton Park by entering our competition to win a family ticket to the Nutcracker Christmas Mansion.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @beesleybob: @ThursdayClubMan Art Exhibit on Sat 25 Oct and drop in workshops Sun 26 Square Shopping Centre Sale10:30 5:30 Come and join us
- @angieokchan: Help build the world’s LARGEST fractal with @MegaMenger at @voiceofmosi! Sat+Sun 10-4. Part of @McrSciFest http://www.manchestersciencefestival.com/whatson/msf14megamenger …
- @CornerhouseMcr: come along to our free gallery tour of our @SophiaAlMaria & Qasim Riza Shaheen exhibitions tomorrow http://bit.ly/1uzdE9r
- @hollyrowan: Well @visit_mcr, final w’end of @bankleygallery Open Call exhibition with Wrap Party Sun 2-4pm http://hollyrowanhesson.co.uk/2014/10/wrap-party-bankley-open-exhibition
- @VisitBolton: Great night planned @MercureLastDrop Bonfire & Firework Party this Sunday 26 Oct, even Peppa Pig will be making an appearance!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Lily Lancaster: FARM OF HORROR An EXTREME halloween experience at Lancaster Park & Animal Farm in Chadderton (North Manchester) https://m.facebook.com/farmofhorror…
- Michael O’Carroll: It’s got to be Old Trafford to see the Reds beat Chelsea.
- Angel Gabrielle: A perfectly formed little Vintage Emporium at the Whim Wham Café on Whitworth Street West 12 noon ’til 5 pm – some of Manchester ‘ s leading Vintage Traders with an incredible collection of goodies for Autumn and Winter
- Andy Ross: Go to heaton park with a bag of nuts and feed the squirrels, they will come right up to you and eat out of your hand!
- Catherine Hutchinson: Ashton in makerfield are having a Halloween trail round the town 10.30 till 2.30 scary stuff and lots of treats
- Pamela Coates: Go and see Northern Soul at The Cornerhouse, even better grap a pizza and drink in the wine bar.
- Katie O’Connor: As usual Guerrilla Eats will be hosting a #streetfoodparty on Saturday 5pm til late. 7 street food traders, New craft beer menu, cocktail shed and a DJ. Come down to Fairburn Building, 55 Henry Street, Ancoats, Manchester M4 5AF to check it out. Family friendly and FREE ENTRY!
- Sara Ashton: Levenshulme market Saturday until 4pm
- The Vintage Home Show : Victoria Baths Discover Vintage presents top quality mid 20th century designed furniture, ceramics, textiles, lighting & art
- Brendan Ryan: Totally Tina the UK no1 tribute live at hough end chorlton amazing show tickets now just £10 or 2 for £15 a must for a gr8 night out
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com