Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend.
- The BBC Philharmonic joins forces with IWM North for a moving piece of music and drama, telling the story of Salford lad Arthur ‘Pat’ Burke, a soldier in the First World War. Tickets are still available for performances on Friday and Saturday.
- The Women in Comedy Festival is taking place and venues all over Manchester throughout the weekend. One of the highlights will be Jo Enright at The Kings Arms Theatre on Sunday evening, Jo has been described by Peter Kay as “one of the most naturally gifted comic talents I’ve ever seen”
- It’s spook season and the Farm of Horror is our recommendation for those who think they can handle a scare. If it’s being chased by a chainsaw wielding psychopath or hunted down by zombies that is of interest then this is the place to go.
For more information about Halloween in Manchester go to visitmanchester.com/halloween
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend this weekend:
- @z_mcr Families would love our FREE Family Open Day between 11am – 4pm on Saturday, part of #familyartsfest http://www.z-arts.org/events/open-day-201/
- @ACPFestival we may be slightly biased but we recommend attending our festival: 125 acts over 7 NQ venues for just £15 acpfestival.wordpress.com
- @CastlefieldGall Do @creativetourist’s @TriennialMcr Walking Tour ow.ly/CUbag @ManchesterCraft @voiceofmosi @CFCCA_UK @CastlefieldGall
- @LaurenSewell2 visit museum of science and industry! Cycling exhibition and science festival events
- @visitBolton Great opportunity for fans to see special Fred Dibnah photo exhibition opening this Sat @BoltonLMS bit.ly/1yJi8Bb
- @MrsKateG Lets Welcome @mattgoss to Town!! Playing Live @ritzmanchester January 2015
- @NewMcrwalks A couple of tickets left for Saturday’s Clock Tower tours. Please book with Quaytickets.
- @markhamiltonuk visit a #Manchester park . pic.twitter.com/MQeBE1moCR
- @simoneridyard join @MCR_UrbanSketch @SaveCHBuildings urban sketching tomorrow 2-5pm at the Cornerhouse. All welcome no experience needed!
- @oliviakdavies there are some brilliant exhibitions on at Manchester Museum
- @lottieDean we are off to Manchester Gallery to see The Sensory War as my daughter is learning about WW1 at school.
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest this weekend:
- Angela Kitty Hibbert Go watch Jess Glynn at the academy she’s gonna be amazing!!!
- Lisa Goddard Go and see the film Northern Soul at the AMC cinema in the Great Northern building.
- Martin Jones Pop into #Brewdog for a wide selection of tasty craft ales
- David Martin Go and see LipService at Oldham Coliseum Theatre
- David Shanahan See the northern soul film corner house yes watch it three times LOL
- Andy Ross Go take a tour around the Manchester town hall including going up the clock tower! Only £8 xx
- Katie O’Connor As usual Guerrilla Eats will be hosting a #streetfoodparty on Saturday 5pm til late. 7 street food traders, New craft beer menu, cocktail shed, DJ and a few new surprises. Come down to Fairburn Building, 55 Henry Street, Ancoats, Manchester M4 5AF to check it out. Family friendly and FREE ENTRY!
- Nina Ahrens The Friday food fight is the place to be tonight!
- Michelle Crawford Eat at the oast house
- The 52 List Go for a drink at Cloud 23 as the sun goes down and watch the whole of Manchester light up before your very eyes!
- Rachael Howarth See Little Shop of Horrors at the Royal Northern College of Music! http://bit.ly/1odXi9D
- Kitty Bartlett Go to #foodfightmcr oppening night yayayay
- Aukesson Art Just stroll, eat, drink and don’t miss out the northern quarter or just do it all in one go at Matt and Phreds who have a great band on tonight
- Keith Watson Midnight Trek around Sale & Brooklands Cemetery..http://www.parksandgardens.org/places-and-people/site/5829
- Chris Aitchison Mothers Ruin show at the Roadhouse
- Katherine Slim McClearen A little out of Manchester but being a visitor from Atlanta ga we thoroughly enjoyed The Fishermans Retreat in A little town called Ramsbottom. Beautiful atmosphere and incredible food/ service.
- Graeme Thomson Get down to Chorlton Chuckles Comedy Club for some laughs tonight. 5mins from Chorlton tram stop.https://www.facebook.com/ChorltonChuckles/photos/a.213812882112739.1073741830.205814719579222/343703569123669/?type=1
For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com