We have got a real international mix for you this weekend folks. All our suggestions are free to attend and suitable for the whole family, plus we have included a cheeky competition for you to enter.
- Manchester Museum’s brand new exhibition, Siberia: Edge of the World, combines stunning photography of vast landscapes and diverse people, with a selection of specimens and objects including the body of a baby Mammoth, preserved in the permafrost for thousands of years, and a Brown Bear, the national symbol of Russia.
- Stunt motor biking champions race head to head in a series of action packed clashes over a specially built course of huge obstacles that will sit on Deansgate this Saturday. The Red Bull City Trial is a spectacle that will marvel the entire family.
- Guerilla Eats is Manchester’s newest party that runs from 5pm until late. Located just outside the city centre in Ancoats, this celebration of music, Manchester and all things street food offers some of the best local bites in a lively setting.
- Fancy a trip to Manchester’s newest and scariest attraction? Scream Park UK is a live immersive, interactive experience which sees a terrifying Zombie invasion hit Manchester. Win tickets to the preview night and experience all the horrors first hand before any of your friends, will you survive the horrifying Zombie horde and be able to warn them?
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @makersdozen: it’s @freeforarts festival across the city. Visit our launch of Addition/reduction @3rdfloor_studio 6-9pm
- @VisitBolton: Why not step out on our new town centre walking trail on #Bolton’s industrial heritage? http://www.visitbolton.com
- @MaxBamber: go see The Travelling Band on Saturday night – some tickets left only £11 @travellingband @thisisgorilla highly recommended!
- @WhooHooDisco: We have @DJRobBulman DJing at our event in Prestwich this Saturday evening
- @GMOppsHub: @CastlefieldMrkt is on this Saturday 10am – 5pm lots of artisan and homemade craft, arts and food products in the indoor market
- @zombie_inc: Grimmfest is on – http://bit.ly/1xJL8rQ
- @CastlefieldGall: Visit some of the world class @TriennialMcr shows happening across the city @CastlefieldGall @IWMNorth @CFCCA_UK @ManchesterCraft
- @MLABarTraining: Get involved in a cocktail master class @MLABarTraining We’ve Christmas (make mulled wine/eggnog) classes happening already too!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Michael O’Carroll: Go to Old Trafford on Sunday to watch Falco score his first goal for the Reds.
- Sarah Greenwood: Get down to TigerTiger for cheap food and drinks this evening
- Katie O’Connor: Head down to Guerrilla Eats #streetfoodparty on Saturday to try out some of the best street food traders in the North West complete with a resident DJ, fully stocked bar and cocktail shed. It is a family friendly event in the Fairbairn Building, Blossom Street, Ancoats M4 5AF. Free entry, don’t miss out!
- Jo Margolis: Discover Vintage at Victoria Baths on Sunday-homewares & fashion market.
- Janet Leather: The Royal Exchange Theatre fun palace event. http://www.royalexchange.co.uk/news_detail.aspx?article=620
- The 52 List: we thought we might take ourselves off to The Pankhurst Centre. Manchester is such a hotbed of history, we can’t believe it
- Louisa Hammond: Visit Free for Arts Festival at various venues around the city.
- Nicola Ayrton Red Bull City Trial tomorrow on Deansgate
If you have enjoyed one of our suggestions don’t forget to share your experiences. Just tag @visitmcr on twitter and Visit Manchester on facebook. For more information about what’s on in Manchester go to www.visitmanchester.com