Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- Original, affordable, unmissable, the Buy Art Fair returns to Old Granada Studios this weekend along with its sister fair The Manchester Contemporary. Works ranging from £50 to £5,000+ will adorn the walls of the former Coronation Street set, live music and pop up restaurants complete the three day event line up.
- Watch live as the top cyclists from across the country battle it out to become a British Champion at The National Cycling Centre. The velodrome will be buzzing and the racing, enthralling, as Britain’s emerging generation of talented riders compete in the National Track Championships.
- 54 artists from 12 countries exhibit across 14 venues in IWM North at The Quays, Manchester city centre, Bury and Rochdale. Asia Triennial Manchester 2014 aims to challenge perceptions about Asia, with its theme of ‘Conflict and Compassion’ offering a unique glimpse into an unfamiliar world.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @PeteCooper100 find a pub and watch the Ryder cup!!
- @SueEllCee hope on a tram to somewhere-great way to see the city.
- @QuietManDave Levenshulme Market. Great food. Interesting stalls.
- @hembo1 http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/britishtrackchampionships
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Gillian Stewart: Food! So much amazing food! Amd beautiful building, and culture and you hardly have to leave the Nothern Quarter, if at all!
- Debbie Rennie: China Town, foods amazing, great atmosphere, What more could you want?!
- Beverley Anne: The botanist followed by the Jersey Boys for us – can’t wait
- Andy Haye: Apotheca bar,genting casino and buffet city or tops.
- Andy Ross: The “buy art fair” at the old Grenada studios!
- Olivia Braine: Clayton vale mountain bike track near the velodrome
- Nikki Leese: #chillfactore. Good for young and old
- Kaz Mcvey: The botanist then shop then food n cocktails in spinningfields
- David Shanahan: A good nite for an Indian meal at AKBArs Liverpool rd castle field
- David Ainsworth: Manchester’s biggest hip hop and club bands The Mouse Outfit and Riot Jazz are at the Ritz tonight!!
- Barry Melia: kylie minogue @the Arena
- Araam Tehrani: Noho tonight (Obviously! Duh) then Almost Famous on Monday to see Rich playing in Clockwork Radio
- Pamela Coates: great films at The Cornerhouse
- Andrew Gent: Ramsbottom pie festival , for all lovers of pie
- Amanda Ramsay: Cocktails at City Inn Hotel, tea at the Midland Hotel, glass of Champagne at Harvey Nix and dinner in China Town
- Tray Keymer-blay: https://m.facebook.com/SalfordMusicFestival
- Jamie Oliver: Moving Moscow at the Castle in the NQ!
- Nancy Hopkins: It’s the last weekend of the Collider exhibition at MOSI before it goes off on an international tour PLUS we’ve got the opening weekend of the Harmonious Societies strand of Asia Triennial Manchester.
- Sean Fisher: Guerrilla Eats starts on Saturday night!