Hey folks. This week we have got a triple header of festivals for you to enjoy. We know that there is loads more going on in and around Manchester but we just couldn’t resist recommending these three. Don’t forget to take a look at the suggestions from our social media friends for further inspiration.
- The UK’s largest urban food and drink festival returns to the city centre with a huge programme of events taking place, both indoor and outdoor. Eat, drink and dance your way into Autumn in the specially built food neighbourhood at The Manchester Food and Drink Festival.
- Enjoy great music and scrumptious local food in the hills on the edge of Greater Manchester. Ramsbottom Festival brings an eclectic mix of established international musicians, emerging artists and DJs to a beautiful town, surrounded by stunning countryside.
- Oom-pah music, steins of ale and sizzling sauages can only mean one thing, The German Beer Festival is in town. Victoria Warehouse in Trafford hosts a celebration of all things Deutsche for one night only on Saturday.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @adrianslatcher: Sleaford mods this evening at club academy, rogue open studios all weekend
- @LouiseMandalay: get down to St Ann’s square where along with ourselves you will find lots of fab stalls @MCRMarkets pic.twitter.com/Y8nFYQfWvs
- @bessieandflo: Send them over to @artistsrogue open studios. Very talented Manchester artists’ work to view & buy.
- @AbandonMCR: Abandon’s Bands in a Brewery Bash! Live music, beer & indie DJs in a Salford brewery 5-1am – Tickets £6 pic.twitter.com/UEsN6Se5Zu
- @BigmanMusic: visit MOSI. Always a good day there.
- @angieokchan: Go see @designmcr’s 10 x 10: pop-up art & design showcase at Federation House, opposite Victoria Station http://bit.ly/XDu1IH
- @ajones75639632: It’s a no brainer! Get down to @rammyfestival. Ramsbottom Cricket Ground!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Rob Hannible: Beats, Bats and Beers at 20|22 Nq is ace….Saturday from 4
- Ana Gibson: MFDF of course!!
- The Market Co: Why not venture to #Wilmslow #Cheshire for the fabulous #ArtisanMarket http://www.themarketco.co.uk/… and explore the Wilmslow Art Trail
- Sophie Gardner: Beer, bands and a brewery are recipes for the perfect night! Abandon is holding their end of summer bash at First Chop Brewing Arm in Salford – acoustic acts, bands and indie DJs in a mad little brewery, 5pm till 1am – tickets only £6! http://www.facebook.com/abandonmcr
- Charlie Greenwood: Ramsbottom Festival
- David Shanahan: Taekwondo velodrome all weekend
- Tracy Showaddywaddy Ward: Visit crntral library. Its amazing since its makeover.
- Michael Parker: Don’t go in to the MCR instead visit Ramsbottom for its annual music festival !!!
- Mary Jones: Head down to the Peak District for the Hayfield Show.
- Sara Ashton: Levenshulme Market Saturday daytime and Ani DiFranco at the Cathedral at night! Then visit the Manchester food fair on Sunday to gorge yourself silly.
- Alexandra Nicolaides: Mirabel and rogue open studios tonight and tomorrow!
- Mark Snowden: Swamp tour…..old Trafford
- Keith Bibby: I would recommend the League 2 Top of the table clash at the JD stadium Gigg lane Bury, tomorrow 3pm. Should be a great game, and Bury could go top if they win.
- The Venue: Get down to the Venue on Jacksons Row for some retro tunes at Twist & Shout!