Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- Head to the Museum of Science and Industry for some live experimentation that is suitable for the whole family at Pi:Platform for Investigation. Strip down old PCs, use their innards to make instruments and then explore, creating a unique soundscape along the way.
- Arguably the UK’s finest chamber ensemble performs in the magnificent setting of Manchester Cathedral. Mozart’s Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is the headline of an enticing programme of classical masterpieces performed by candlelight.
- The Soccerex Football Festival is a free to attend two-day event taking place at the Etihad Stadium. Expect legends tournaments, entertainment, prize draws and more. It promises to be an unforgettable experience for any budding player or fan.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @Elvis_Will_Kill: The schools games is on in and around the city. See the athletes of tomorrow compete today.
- @SareBall: Cocktails and Food @Artisan_SF
- @GreyHorseMCR: Pop in Grey Horse Portland Street have a real traditional ale in a quaint pub heart of mcr.
- @VisitBolton: Don’t forget rest of GM has lots to offer too! Check out http://www.visitbolton.com for things to do in #Bolton this weekend!
- @BargeTrips: This weekend? We are fully booked: Birthday party, Buffet, Karaoke, Corporate Hire, Hen Party, DJ, Sunday Lunch, Afternoon Tea.
- @tea42uk: #1 cake #2 prosecco #3 tea42 🙂 #3Things
- @CastlefieldGall: Check out the new exhibition by artist Martin Hamblen at @CastlefieldGall http://ow.ly/B7LlO explores maps/borders/collecting
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Leesa Chester: Beech Road Family Fun Day 12-5pm, Beech Road, Chorlton. Sunday 7th.
- Dean Marshall: Visit Montpellier’s CafeBar for breakfast (10am-noon)
- Jonathan Hewitt: The maize maze at Red House farm is open this weekend
- Sandra Pinder: Jersey Boys, Palace Theatre for me is the one for me this weekend
- Gayle Shaw: SoccerEx Football Festival at the Etihad – it’s free!!
- Ian Speakman: Drop into droylsden .Great place. Just say Ian sent you
- Ian Willoughby: Manchester Phoenix begin their defence of the English Premier Ice Hockey League title with the annual War Of The Roses “friendly game” against Sheffield Steeldogs. Sunday at 5:30 at Altrincham Ice Dome
- Isabel Mourato: Summer festival of markets, St Anne’s square
*Did you know you can buy discounted tickets for the following regional attractions from our Visitor Information Centre: Legoland, Sealife Centre, MCFC Tour, Tatton Park, Chester Zoo and Alton Towers. All tickets are cheaper than on the gate and the big advantage is that they are fast track tickets so there is no waiting in a long queue. Ask in store for details.