Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around our region this lovely long bank holiday weekend, plus some bonus suggestions from our social media pals.
- Bolton Food and Drink Festival kicks off today, packed with cooking demonstrations, speciality markets, live music, entertainment and family fun. The four-day foodie spectacular features celebrity chefs, a huge food and drink market, and free street entertainment in the town centre.
- The multi award-winning Manchester Pride returns this weekend for the annual celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender life. On Saturday Orange Is The New Black’s Big Boo, Lea DeLaria will lead Manchester Pride Parade, and throughout the weekend revellers will be treated to plenty of live music acts and DJs. Headline acts on the main stage include Anastasia, Pixie Lott, All Saints and Marcus Collins.
- Want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Tatton Park’s English Country Weekend at the Farm – a celebration of country life, featuring traditional English fayre and fun. You can take part in the egg and spoon race or show your strength in the Farm’s tug of war. Those feeling less energetic can meet the resident Shire horses and watch their fabulous ridden displays or check out the sheep racing and sheep dog demonstrations on Sunday.
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest:
- @MCRGuidedTours: Perfect Bank Holiday Monday 13:00 come and spend it with us Monday 25th August “Discover Manchester” walking tour
- @TheSwanDobcross: Saddleworth Rushcart Festival this weekend @Rushcartnews pic.twitter.com/Kf7DItfhbc
- @ManJewishMuseum: Guided tours of Manchester Jewish Museum- sweat shops, charity & Titanic! http://www.manchesterjewishmuseum.com/component/content/article/11-current-events/270-guided-tours
- @McrSportTrust : Check out the beer festival at the @N_CyclingCentre! Runs Fri-Suns.
@racquelparsnip: #pride of course! Check out the brothers & sisters of the fabulous @MancShowChoir dressed as nuns…you know you want to!
- @Martinthemoddj: On Bank Hol Sat & Sun I will be spinning vinyl @Thirsty_Scholar til late.Suitable on Sat & BH Ska Sunday special FREE ENTRY!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Diane Marson: Watch the pride parade, loads of fun for free!
- Janet Lord: Japan day at the Midland on Friday. Tea ceremony, food, culture, everything Japanese.
- Tray Keymer-blay: Irlam & Cadishead Festival The fair, live bands, crafts, food, stalls and lots more Princes Park, Liverpool Road, Irlam.
- Angelina Wallsworth: HELL YEAH! On Sunday at Revolution Deansgate Locks. Sounds of Nu Disco & House music for your listening pleasure. It’s time to dust off those disco pants!!
*Did you know you can buy discounted tickets for the following regional attractions from our Visitor Information Centre: Legoland, Sealife Centre, MCFC Tour, Tatton Park, Chester Zoo and Alton Towers. All tickets are cheaper than on the gate and the big advantage is that they are fast track tickets so there is no waiting in a long queue. Ask in store for details.