Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- Tonight the ultimate children’s playground that is Play Factore hosts a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party packed with fun and excitement for all the family. Visitors can party in Wonderland with Alice and Rabbit stilt walkers, watch eye popping aerial acrobatics and meet Play Factore’s very own Mad Hatter. The fun begins at 6:30pm.
- Le Tour de France, the world’s biggest annual free sports event comes to Rochdale on Sunday during stage 2 of the race from York to Sheffield. Join thousands of spectators watch the cavalcade of racing cyclists, support teams and media pass through, but get there early for a good spot. There are also plenty of local activities taking place in the build up to and on the day of the event.
- It’s the opening weekend of Greater Manchester Fringe Festival, which is packed with previews of Edinburgh fringe comedy shows as well as a wide range of exciting new talent in drama, performance poetry, children’s events, live music, dance, cabaret, LGBT events, exhibitions, debates and more.
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest:
- @anniesMCR: Don’t forget to book your table for tonight Emma starts from 7pm #LiveMusic #friday #Manchester pic.twitter.com/sRlsCWFU6q
- @CornerhouseMcr: We’re screening classic Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory w/ interactive performance frm @EggsCollective http://bit.ly/1k9EnoA
- @CityCrashPad: They call it the ‘Happiest 5K on the planet’, get your running gear for tmrw’s #ColourRun in #Manchester! #citycrashpad
- @ITVFeverPitch: It’s quarter finals Saturday down at #ITVFeverPitch! Authentic Brazilian food and drink and the best of samba entertainment!
- @tomhiltz: I would recommend the football museum then of to @HardRockCafeMCR for some food and a cocktail #buffalowings
- @richardfrosty: I’d recommend going to @ChorlBeerFest. That’s my weekend sorted 🙂
- @Phelanjan: Only place to be #montonfestival family fun: 100 stalls, games, fun fair, lots to see and do. All shops, bars, delis have offers
- Ged Flanagan: For anyone who likes @StarWars, @The_Printworks is holding an Episode I event on Sunday! I’m gonna be there.
And here’s what our Facebook friends recommend:
- Lady-Katie Mallalieu: Elixir on deansgate for gastronomic cocktails
- Alexandra Glew: Art & design fair and open day at Victoria Baths on Sunday!
- Stacey De Brún: Get down to beech road in Chorlton on Sunday. Always a great day
- Kim Hutson: Through the Ages Live! At Ordsall Hall this Sunday from 1pm-4pm – fun for all the family! http://www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/…/through-the and for literary types come to the launch of ‘Crimelines’ – a collection of young adult crime stories – at John Rylands Library at 12pm on Saturday http://www.mcbf.org.uk/whats-on/events/crimelines
- Nigel Grumpymofo Poole: Band on the wall – Blues & Beer
- Diane Hughes: Northern Home Show!
- Aimée Horwich: ITV Fever Pitch!!!
- Jeni Hawkswell: After the Silence: Music in the Shadow of War at IWM North – http://www.rncm.ac.uk/afterthesilence
- Dan Dilla Fryar: Mr Scruff – 4th July @ Band on the Wall. Doors 10pm https://plus.google.com/111054392751247…/posts/jUnJR9oadXG