Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend, plus some bonus suggestions from our social media pals.
- On Saturday head down to The Quays for Create Salford, a creative arts and media festival at MediaCityUK showcasing original theatre productions, immersive visual arts exhibitions, daring fashion shows, debut film screenings and creative workshops. The festival programme includes a raft of free entertainment for all ages.
- Horwich Festival of Racing and Carnival takes place on Sunday, so head over to this quaint former railway and mill town in Bolton to watch entrants from across the UK compete. This year’s event features British standard cycling and running championships, Unicycle Championships, Balance Bikes and Scooter Races for children and the Horwich Carnival Parade.
- Head out to the countryside and visit the lovely Tatton Park which is packed with great things to see and do. There’s so much for visitors to enjoy Tatton has selected 101 of the best things to help you make the most out of your visit. These include seeing the largest land animal in Britain, escaping into a New Zealand rainforest and hearing a chick ‘cheep’ inside its shell.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @ManchesterCraft: Through the Eye of a Needle: First World War craft day at @IWMNorth FREE this Saturday http://craftanddesign.com/events/iwmnorth_firstworldwarcraftday/
- @CastlefieldGall: Last chance 2 catch #SnailPorridge curated by @BobandRoberta ENDS Sun @CastlefieldGall http://ow.ly/xXLtB FREE @KoestlerTrust
- @BC_Rec_NW: Fancy jumping on your bike this sunny Sunday? FREE spaces on this great ride http://www.goskyride.com/Search/Details?eventid=39696 … … #manchester
- @ContactMcr: Weekend events? @qtinemcr #qtinesummer 13+14 June http://www.contactmcr.com/quarantine @HOMEmcr #angelmeadow 13-15 June http://homemcr.org/production/angel-meadow …
- @CharlyDeRivera: The Oast House #Spinningfields love the place
- @InTheGardenMag: Didsbury Open Gardens for @NGSOpenGardens @lancsngs on Sunday http://www.inthegardenmag.com/a-walk-around-didsbury/ …
And here’s what our Facebook friends recommend:
- David Shanahan: ITV fever pitch quay street old Granada studios football World Cup and Football Museum
- Bradlie Houldsworth: Tib Street Gardens
- Katie O’Connor: Guerrilla Eats are hosting The British Street Food Awards – Northern Heat at Old Granada Studios Saturday 6-11pm and it’s free entry! Check out the link http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/…/080669279-food-wars
- Ella Dunn: Chorlton beer and cider festival