Here’s our guide to the best of what’s on in and around Manchester this weekend, plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- A great way to spend a wet Saturday with the little ones is a trip to Legoland Discovery Centre which this weekend is transformed into the majestic Speedorz Arena of Chima. Visitors can seek out all of the Lego Legends of Chima characters hidden in Miniland and watch the Legends of Chima 4D film.
- For the first time in its 106 year history the iconic Ideal Home Show welcomes visitors from across the North through its doors at Manchester’s EventCity. With over 300 exhibitors, spectacular features and celebrity and industry experts the show gives you the chance to explore thousands of products, exclusive show offers and items you won’t find on the high street.
- Head to Old Trafford on Sunday to watch your favourite mega stars and some of the greatest football legends go head-to-head in a charity international friendly , which sees England take on the rest of the world for Soccer Aid. Adult tickets start at £20 with concession tickets available for £5 and £10.
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest:
- @MCRTourGuide: Victorian Slums & Squalor guided walk around #AngelMeadow on Sat 7 June 11am http://bit.ly/1uqa8QL
- @MrsGreatLakes: Didsbury Festival is the only place to be this weekend. Dancing by the talented kids of DTS, lots of stalls & yummy cakes. #DTS
- @TBevan2: The @RNCMvoice Craft Fair this Sunday 11am-4pm… A day of high quality arts, craft, music and workshops! http://bit.ly/1kxvt5m
- @ContactMcr: Events this weekend? @qtinemcr #qtinesummer 6+7 June http://www.contactmcr.com/quarantine #puffball @rxtheatre 8+9 June http://www.royalexchange.co.uk/puffball Not forgetting @youngidmcr #onemicstand 6 June http://www.contactmcr.com/onemicstand
- @DenCarter1: Soccer Aid at Old Trafford this Sunday for @unicef #socceraid2014
- @z_mcr: Sunday, 11am & 2pm, Rock Pool. Funny, tender, exuberant, partially submerged theatre for ages 3+. http://bit.ly/SA92El
- @ChrissieBeck: Go hang out in the northern quarter and eat/drink/shop to their hearts content!!
- @levymarket: hem hem 😉
- @naomijane1234: Runway visitor park, Manchester airport, we are going on father’s day #concorde tour
- @Tequilan: Visit the @HardRockCafeMCR Visit and like their facebook page, then find their link for the two to tango burgers
And here’s what our Facebook friends recommend:
- Lisa Goddard: Bowling and a great burger at All Star Lanes near Deansgate. The forecast is heavy rain tomorrow, so inside is the place to be. Also shopping trip in the Arndale Centre.
- Jennifer Mabbott: Go to Rochdale Pioneers Museums new exhibition about cycling inspired by the Tour de France coming through Rochdale Borough next month.
- Natalie Ireland: Collider Late at MOSI… Ballet, roller rink, physics & more! http://www.mosi.org.uk/…/collider…/collider-late.aspx
- David Shanahan: Castle pub on to marble arch pub, Park life and Twenty twenty old Trafford
- Cath Brady: Take a trip the The Armitage Centre, University of Manchester and watch some excellent lacrosse. Meet the England 2014 World Lacrosse Championships Squad and watch their training session. http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/calendar/upcoming/
- Rachel Walker: Visit the Spring Festival of Markets at St Anne’s Square, they’re on until Sunday x
- Mike Edge: If you’re not going to Parklife or even if you are then the Porklife Weekender Hotdog at The Splendid Sausage Co has to be tried.
- Ian Rawlinson: Visit the imperial war museum on the 70th anniversary weekend of the d day landings. And remember our hero ancestors.
- Helen Stewart: Ramsbottom Artisan Market. 45+ stalls of local and organic produce.
- Jane Goetzee: The dog show at the rescue centre on Bridgewater canal….Sunday I think
- Adeline Dallman: Roller derby at the Thunderdome watching Rainy City Roller Girls
- Alastair Jones: Frank Skinner tonight at the Apollo.
- Helen Romaniszyn: Catch Brittania waves the rules at the royal exchange theatre. Sat is the last performance and from what ive heard it’s meant to be amazing.
- Castlefield Gallery: Come along to our open day at Castlefield Gallery from 1-6pm. Throughout the afternoon there will be short tours of the Snail Porridge exhibition curated by Bob and Roberta Smith, plus for families we’ll have worksheets (ideal for age 10+) and rubber stamp sign making https://www.facebook.com/events/701373253257300/