It’s Friday so here are our suggestions on what to do in and around Manchester this weekend, plus some bonus recommendations from our social media pals.
- The Manchester Irish Festival has been underway for a week now and it culminates with the St Patrick’s Parade on Sunday 16th. The parade starts at 11.30am from the Irish World Heritage Centre ending in Albert Square at around 1.30pm.
- For the duration of March you can get into the Manchester United Museum for free! There will be no admission charge to enter the Museum – named Best Large Visitor Attraction 2013 – for the entire month, as the club says thank you to its fans. Discover the story behind the most successful club in English football, where visitors can also see the former England and United legend David Beckham Exhibition and take part in interactive games.
- On Saturday head to Gallery Oldham for a matinee screening of the classic romance “Brief Encounter” where you also have a chance to win a copy of the film on DVD.
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest:
- @brightarrows: People’s History Museum =]
- @verypaula: john rylands then MUFC free museum
- @steelygreyste: always the science museum/peoples history museum combo twice the fun for all the family
- @photo_wed: Visit @VintageHomeShow @victoriabaths. On Sunday, stunning vintage pieces to buy & held in one of Manchester’s finest buildings.
- @Linda_Adam: @DunhamMasseyNT has a great exhibition of its use as a hospital in WW1 (Centenary year) + much more! Great for every age group.
- @HollDoll26: #fridayfoodfight
- @AWBPhotography: with the sun out definitely a visit to recharge at @DukesManchester pic.twitter.com/9JGfnaVBhE
- @AndyL_B: Brekkie in the @NQManchester, shopping in the @manarndale, then afternoon tea at @Cloud23Bar and then @Phones4uArena for Miranda!
- @im_Danny10: Seeing as its St Patricks day on monday.. @WaxysManchester would be a good place to call!
- @ManchesterCraft: Our FREE exhibition launch Tactile Illusions, tomorrow. LIVE music, FREE drinks, NEW talent!
- http://www.craftanddesign.com/save-the-date-new-ejw/ …
- @TraceyTodhunter: oh definitely @mcrartgallery the Joana Vasconcelos exhibition is real treat! http://www.manchestergalleries.org/whats-on/exhibitions/index.php?itemID=110 …
- @ManCathedral: Why not visit the Cathedral? Coffee Concert at 11am (Sat), performed by Italian born pianist Marco Grieco http://tinyurl.com/ou6vx4t .
- @THISISPEWTER: We have @EJW_Design exhibition launch @ManchesterCraft tomorrow with #FutureMakers trail, free drinks, music&activities 2-5pm
And here’s what our Facebook Friends recommend:
- Adrian McGarry: There is still time to visit the ‘Northern Exposure 2014’ exhibition at the 208yr old The Portico Library where Roget’s Thesaurus was created, and Elizabeth Gaskell shared literary musings with Charlotte Bronte. http://www.adrianmcgarry.com/…/new-exhibition-at-the… http://www.adrianmcgarry.com
- Michael O’Carroll: Has got to be Old Trafford to see the reds beat Liverpool.
- Jill Harrison: Manchester cathedral! Lovely building then a drink at the old Wellington next door!
- Judie Tingle: Plane spotting 😊
- Jake Healey: St pats parade weekend and stalls in albert square
- Andrea Wilshaw: The Cloud bar at the Hilton for a cocktail lovely on a nice sunny day:-)
- Dan Justaxi: We would recommend FRIDAY FOOD FIGHT – upper campfield markets this evening & the st patricks parade on Sunday and the stalls In albert Square
- Michael Evison: nice weather this weekend. hollinworth lake, or dove stove.
- Debbie Royle: It’s the Irish festival this weekend got to visit is the Irish markets outside Manchester town hall beer tent to and if you go on Sunday Linch you can watch the parade which gets bigger and better every year along with the Irish dancing (river dance eat your heart out ) Irish music I go every year and wouldn’t miss it for the world brilliant weekend x
- Mcdc Manchester Craft: The launch of our new exhibition Tactile Illusions, Sat 2-5pm, FREE drinks, LIVE music, NEW talent, PERFECT Saturday! http://www.craftanddesign.com/save-the-date-new-ejw/ SAVE THE DATE – New exhibition launch | Manchester Craft and Design Centre http://www.craftanddesign.com
- Eve Redmond: Mcdc Manchester Craft has an exhibition opening on Saturday 2-5pm ,music and refreshments. Our graduate show and future makers show. See the latest talent coming from our North West art/craft graduates!