Planning a trip to Manchester this weekend? Here’s our top 3 ideas for what to get up to plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- The Wheel of Manchester has returned and is now located in Piccadilly Gardens. Take a ride on the 60 metre high wheel and enjoy amazing panoramic views of the city. Your stunning journey in one of the 42 capsules will be accompanied by expert commentary so you don’t miss any of the sights.
- The festive fun continues in Manchester this weekend at the UK’s largest indoor theme park, Winter Wonderland at Eventcity. Complete with over 30 family rides, a big top circus and plenty of food and drink stalls, why not give the kids a treat before term starts again next week.
- Super scrimpers and film buffs take note, four of the best music movies of all time will be shown in Manchester’s original music venue this Saturday. Film Day at Band on the Wall is a completely free event so why not pop in and catch a classic, you can even curl up and chow down on one of the homemade Burritos which will be available all day.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @PrGrPa @mcrartgallery shelter from the wind and rain + great collection and exhibitions
- @foggydewhurst national football museum
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Sam Mcfarlane: Visit the new “barberbarber” barber shop at Barton Arcade
- Paddy Holland: Town Hall Tour amazing beautiful building
- Danielle Boxall: Dogs & Dough for some awesome food then a night of dancing in Mojos
- Amanda Green: The Museum of Science and Industry
- Anthony Dillon: The People’s History Museum on Bridge Street, Spinningfields.
- Paul Mark O’Toole: Bring a brolly and walk around St Anne’s Square, Deansgate & King Street!
- Oh My Dog Boutique and Groomers: Always, always, always visit The Gaucho Grill!
- Tray Keymer-Blay: Winter wonderland at EventCity Trafford Park is amazing for the whole family