Planning a trip to Manchester this weekend? Here’s our top 3 ideas for what to get up to plus some bonus suggestions from our social media friends.
- Head to Legoland Discovery Centre at The Trafford Centre for Christmas Bricktacular, where you can take a festive Lego factory tour, sing Christmas karaoke and create a merry masterpiece at the Master Model Builder Workshop. Also look out for local landmarks in the Lego Miniland where minifigures are celebrating their own spectacular mini Christmas. If you’re visiting with children check out our special kids go free offer.
- Take a break from the Christmas shopping and enjoy some festive fun at the National Football Museum where you can immerse yourself in the history of the sport and brush up on your footy skills. Entry is free and there are fun, hands on exhibits, an under 5s discovery zone, and a floor dedicated to family activities – there’s something for children of all ages. If you fancy yourself as a bit of a footballing star make sure you enter the penalty shoot out competition.
- Take a festive trip to the theatre to see the latest Library Theatre Company production of Wanted! Robin Hood at The Lowry. This magical, fun-filled musical adventure brings the legendary characters of Robin and his Merry Men to life. With brave heroes, daredevil kidnappings, a cruel Sheriff of Nottingham and a very feisty Marian, this brand new adaptation of the classic tale will be a thrilling show.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @cornexchangeMAN: visit @cornexchangeMAN and check out the exhibitions from creative minds across Manchester
- @TonyTrehy: Bury Culture Quarter 3 museums+ @eastlancsrly + @themet,
- @BuryArtMuseum contemporary/historic art, Harrods-like @Barneysartcafe
- @RDPRtweets: We recommend Ultimate Power: http://www.ultimatepowerclub.com/last-few-tickets-for-manchester-show/
- @NichoNativity Mexicana participatory grotto @oklahomacafe !!
- @HLCupcake: Warm up with a festive orange hot chocolate in our cosy cupcakery! Find us behind the Opera House!
- @Tee_to_the_Jay: @themetrobarmanc have @_BlackLights and @RumThief playing tonight and dj set by @CiaranGriff83 tomorrow and Sunday 🙂
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Richard Gottfried: Indoor Adventure Golf at Paradise Island Adventure Golf in the Trafford Centre would be good fun. Nice and warm too.
- Rosie Birkett: Asparagus and the Kilburn Habit are performing comedy skiffle at the corner of Brazennose St and Albert Square tomorrow. From 3pm.
- Shaun Ball: I highly recommend the http://www.newmanchesterwalks.com tours! They’re brill, visitors will love them and get to know more about Manchester than most of its everyday residents!!
- Phil GypsyBoi Mcdougall: Sit in the window inside Kro bar overlooking Piccadilly Gardens, all day and night, and watch the world and all of its mad people go rushing by
- Ailish McDonnell Head to The Violet Hour – West Didsbury tomorrow, Saturday 14th Dec for a festive family afternoon http://www.theviolethourdidsbury.co.uk/…/join-us-this…/
- Lawrence Chapple-Gill: See John Robb and Goldblade in The Ruby Lounge tonight!
- Eve Redmond: Visit Mcdc Manchester Craft for lots of gorgeous handmade craft to buy for unique Xmas presents
- Pamela Ann Murphy: Curry mile Wilmslow Road
- Andrea Lisa Heslop: Greenfield brewery open day on Saturday will be a great day out for all the family https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=673912175982010
- Holly Pugh: Friday Night Supper Club, at The Living Room, on Deansgate.
- Stefi Elfi Tiller: Visit Cyberdog Manchester!!! Where a small team of neon ladies will be happy to help :you find some funky, funny or totally unique gifts for Christmas.
- Mcdc Manchester Craft: We have a full festive events programme including late night Thursday and all day Sunday extra shopping hours, She Choir this Sunday! Oh and an incredible cafe brought to you from the team behind the Cornerhouse http://www.craftanddesign.com/our-christmas-events-guide/
- Helen Stewart: Whitefield Artisan market for great food, gifts, fashion and entertainment https://www.facebook.com/events/717002748310817
- Emma Fox: Town Hall clock tower tours. See behind the clock face, the ringing room, enormous clock mechanism and incredible outdoor 360 panorama over Manchester. Dates & tickets from http://www.manchesterguidedtours.com