Struggling to decide how to enjoy the weekend ahead? Relax, we have got it covered. Here’s our top 3 suggestions for what to get up to in Manchester, plus some creative suggestions from our social media friends.
- Grill Stock Festival, the perfect sunshine event comes to Manchester’s Albert Square this weekend. This celebration of barbecue culture includes a King of the Grill BBQ competition along with some potential eye-watering chilli and rib-eating competitions. Craft beers from around the UK will also be on sale with music provided by a great line up of Americana Roots bands.
- Manchester might not be a seaside resort but who cares when you’ve got a brand new Sea Life Centre to explore. This exciting new attraction opened yesterday at intu Trafford Centre, and with over 5,000 creatures including sharks, seahorses, octopus and jellyfish, there is plenty to keep you entertained.
- If you just want to relax and enjoy the glorious weather we’re having, head to the Rekorderlig Summer Garden in the heart of the city centre at Great Northern. The Swedish inspired garden is a great place enjoy some alfresco drinks after a hard days shopping.
- We’re throwing in an extra suggestion this week, we want you all to show your support for one of our region’s great attractions MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) whose funding has been threatened this week. Those of you who can’t pay them a visit can show your support by signing the petition to keep the museum open here. MOSI forever!!!
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest:
- @DIY_studio: @Vintage_Village grillstock// beer & BBQ grub #heaven
- @librarytheatre: Discover the world of illegal rave via Peterloo in #ManchesterSound a unique, immersive theatrical journey http://bit.ly/12vRL3h
- @CornerhouseMcr: one for all you Stone Roses fans – catch #MadeOfStone on the big screen http://bit.ly/118xKrJ
- @CastlefieldGall: #InTheMix featuring @superfurry Huw Bunford at @madlabuk & @WhitworthArt Gallery worth checking out http://ow.ly/lNHpl
- @Vintage_Village: The Vintage Village 50s themed Les Paul Fair http://bit.ly/ZqrXlg classic cars, rock’n’roll DJ, fab food & lots of vintage!
- @Mamucium: Get to @voiceofmosi and leave a donation! #saveMOSI
- @didsburytheatre: Watch us perform at the Annual #Didsbury Festival. Parade @ 11.00. Fair, stalls, dog show and dance performance in Didsbury Park
- @ableservicesdes: VISIT MOSI AND SHOW IT MUST REMAIN!!!!!!
- @WodgeyBoy: In The Mix Hack Weekender @MadLabUK looks like it might be fun http://madlab.org.uk/content/in-the-mix-hack-weekender/ …
- @Des_Mickleburgh: this weekend we could do with a mass invasion to MOSI to show they can’t close it just to keep London’s open!!!
- @golferuk84: have a walk around Media City have lunch in the lime bar then tram into city centre & have a blast
- @scattypatti78: #grillstock looks like it’ll be pretty good…
- @GMCCnewsletter: Get out their bicycle, lots of events at http://bikemonthmcr.org
- @nadine_callan: Ladies Night tonight with fashion and racing plus more great racing tomorrow @HAYDOCKRACES Come enjoy the sunshine!
- @scotty901: afternoon tea @sugarjunction or a beer @DukesManchester #sunshine
- @jamesiedick: #GRILLSTOCK BABY!
And here’s what Facebook friends recommend:
- Andrew Ronald: If you get a chance pop into MOSI at least to see the Revolution Manchester introduction.
- Alastair Price: Caroline Johnson’s exhibition- ‘There’s a Rainbow in the Road’ at Salford Museum and Art Gallery- one for lovers of art, architecture and music with a Mancunian edge. Try the pies in their café too!
- Michael McNeela: MOSI!! Don’t let them close it deprive the north of England of History, education, wonder, inspiration and a great family day out !!! http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mosi-30000-counting-sign-petition-4065097
- Matt Baxter: Grillstock in Albert Square is on Saturday and Sunday.