The sun has got its hat on so hotfoot it into Manchester and enjoy the best our region has to offer this weekend. Here’s our top 3 ideas for what to get up to plus some bonus suggestions from our lovely social media pals.
- Manchester’s St Ann’s Square has transformed into a cornucopia of vintage wares and contemporary fashion for the Vintage and Fashion Market this weekend. It’s the perfect place to seek out one-off finds and browse the great selection of stalls run by independent designers and fashion businesses. You can also grab some great food from the selection of street food stalls.
- Ale enthusiasts should head to the 27th Stockport Beer and Cider Festival at Edgeley Park Football Ground. There will be over 200 beers and ciders on offer, including beers from across Europe. Revellers can also enjoy live entertainment, outside drinking and some tasty food to help soak up the ale.
- Manchester’s Albert Square is the place to be on Sunday to witness the great spectacle that is the Manchester Day Parade. The biggest and most spectacular community parade in the North will shower the city centre with an explosion of colour and music to bring life to this year’s theme – Wish You Were Here! Lots of the retailers are also running special Manchester Day Offers to make the day even more enjoyable. Those of you who can’t make it can watch the live action from the parade here.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @ContactMcr: we launch our young people’s community festival #notanotherfestival on Sat from 6pm. Come join us! http://www.contactmcr.com/notanotherfestival
- @JPilkington09: Personal favourite is walking from Salford Quays to Castlefield along the canal. Read more here: http://wp.me/p3i9y0-82
- @walk_the_plank_: def the fab (+free!) #mcrday parade! Here’s a sneaky peak http://bit.ly/15o85Qt + more here: http://bit.ly/18eB6ko
- @voiceofmosi: Can’t wait for tomorrow’s #SaturdayScience – The Wonderful World of Worms http://ht.ly/lzsOZ
- @joodooe: The sun is shinning in @visit_mcr this weekend! Looks like another visit to @TheLongBarMCR and @AlchemistMcr in @Spinningfields is needed
- @LongfellaPoet: The loud, lively NW All-Star Poetry Slam is happening in #Prestwich tonight. Come on the tram! http://www.prestwichbookfestival.net/all-star-slam.html
- @MsBobbysBangers: @roytonrealfood this Sunday 11-3. Brilliant stalls, no duplications, real variety and all sold by the producers! Fantastic day!
- @HLCupcake: The sun is shinning this weekend so why not discover HEY LITLE CUPCAKE’S new ice cream & cupcake creations!
- @ThisMorningCall: I would recommend they visit @themollyhouse for amazing tapas, cocktails and real ale in the sun.
- @wewet23: How about Photography Workshop at #VictoriaBaths by @AidanORourkeCP this Sunday.Well worth it. #Historical http://manconline.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/photography-workshop-at-victoria-baths/
And here’s what our Facebook fans recommend:
- Pierre Labbé: It would be great to have a drink at the Palace hotel!
- Helen Smith: Manchester Day Parade http://themanchesterdayparade.co.uk/
- Loo Straw: Go and watch South in The Lowry Studio tonight or tomorrow – an utterly splendid show, I was captivated from the start by the great acting and imaginative stage setting