- IWM North launches its brand new Horrible Histories: Rotten Rationing 360-degree Big Picture Show tomorrow with showings on Saturday and Sunday at 11am and 2pm. The family show featuring Rattus Rattus is based on the world’s bestselling children’s history book series, Horrible Histories, written by Terry Deary. Visitors this weekend will also have a chance to meet Horrible Histories illustrator Martin Brown.
- Those looking for a tasty treat should pop along to the Foodies Festival at the beautiful Tatton Park. Visitors can indulge in the tasty selection of hand-picked cuisine on offer, watch top chefs cook up their favourite dishes in the Chefs’ Theatre, visit the new Chocolate Theatre showcasing the world of confectionery , and then enjoy a tipple in the Wine Village.
- The Manchester Rugby 7s 3 Day International Rugby and Music Festival kicks off today at Broughton Park FC, with around 200 male and female teams from the UK and abroad taking part. There’s also plenty of other activity to keep you entertained, with live bands, fancy dress, camping and a kids play zone, plus the Heineken Cup Final will be shown live on big screens.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @cornexchangeMAN: Unmissable Ducati event @SalvisMcr this Saturday for all those superbike fans. Be there from 2-4pm!
- @Anita_Mistry: I’m running a jewellery workshop this weekend more dtls on website http://www.craftyexchange.co.uk/workshops.html @craftyexchange
- @CornerhouseMcr: Watch 3 films for the price of one with our #AnguishAndEnthusiasm Artist Film Forum tomorrow http://bit.ly/11gcW5Q
- @NorthernOffers: How about 20% off the Manchester United Museum when you go by train? http://www.northernrail.org/offers/North+West/Manchester+United+Museum …
- @bananacharlie: Go drinking (responsibly) @BarFringe1996 and enjoy our beer garden with a lovely Hairy Ferret
- @librarytheatre: Book for #ManchesterSound drama about Peterloo and acid house Manchester in a secret location! http://bit.ly/X75DxU
- @JCbridgfords: Visit a #bridgfords office to view some of the hundreds of properties that have reduced there price for our #openhouse weekend
- @staithes: Have a pot of tea in the gothic and atmospheric town hall.
- @bottc: #cccMcr – Manchester’s Underground Arts Party – at @2022NQ on Saturday. Full details at http://www.countercultureclub.co.uk
- @VisitSalford: This weekend we recommend Walks & Water Cruise on Sunday http://ow.ly/l5rzg and #EcclesDay on Saturday http://ow.ly/l5rCg
- @em_lysk: To come and watch a roller derby game in Oldham! Not your usual Saturday night! @rainyrollergirl
- @PhilFernley: The Coffee Pot (N. Quarter) for an amazing breakfast followed by Richmond Tea Rooms (behind Canal St.) for lunch, of course!
- @Itstricky13: Gardeners! Open Gardens Day Sunday May 20th Heaton Moor. View the finest gardens in the area for charity http://www.heatonsopengardens.net
- @alivally: Glossop North End FC beer festival
- @Balamuti12: Foodie festival Tatton park!
- @Social_Daisy: Star Wars Days are on at @LDCManchester this weekend, giant group build and characters to have your picture taken with.
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Gary Edwards Stay inside its going to rain!!!! Manchester Museum, or IMAX to watch a film, followed by a nice meal at a chop house.
- Suzy Ashall: Morning shopping in the Arndale, lunch at the Slug & Lettuce on Deansgate, more shopping, tea & night out in Printworks, stay over at Premier inn. Perfect way to spend a day in Manchester
- Rebecca ‘Bee’ Gunning: Tatton foodies festival!
- Visit Salford: This weekend, why not try one of our Walks & Water Cruises on Sunday http://ow.ly/l5rzg or head to Eccles for our speciakl Eccles Day with loads of family fun to be had on Saturday http://ow.ly/l5rCg