- As the temperatures are set to rise this weekend why not head out and explore Manchester’s Green Corridor – a walking circuit made up of 14 routes averaging 4 miles in length which connect many of the beautiful green spaces and tree-lined streets around the city.
- Head to The Royal Northern College of Music to see Pack Up Your Troubles tonight and tomorrow. This nostalgic musical theatre production follows the Appleton children through the war years in Salford and their journey to their exciting new life in the country.
- Those looking to do a little shopping should head down to Manchester Craft & Design Centre in the Northern Quarter. Located in the former Smithfield Victorian fish market and crowned with a huge glass roof, the Centre houses two floors of shops ranging from jewellery, ceramics and textiles to furniture and clothing design. It’s a great place to pick up a unique gift.
Here’s what our Twitter followers suggest
- @Vintage_Village: The Vintage Village Westwood Ho! Fair, Sun 10-4 Stockport Market Hall 😉 http://bit.ly/160tZd7
- @BW_Pinewood: 2h: Come to our Easter Fun Day Sunday 14th 11am – 3pm. Kid activities Chefs BBQ, Live Jazz and Swing Music, Raffle and lots more.
- @MCRGuidedTours: Guided Walks on Sat 13 April: 11am Manchester Central Tour
- 11am Victorian Crime & Punishment 1pm. On Sun 14 April: 1am Town Hall Tour, 11.30am Immigrants of Manchester, 1pm
- @SMancparkrun: start the day with a free 5k! 9am Saturday Platt Fields. Register first: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/southmanchester/ …
- @arianlehner: off to @MediaCityUK and the @dock_bar
- @HelenTither: Pack Up Your Troubles show @ Royal Northern College of Music today & tmw, tickets from £5! http://www.rncm.ac.uk/whats-on/event/2012/pack-up-your-troubles/ …
- @racquelparsnip: come and see the @MancShowChoir perform at the dancehouse theatre on oxford rd, sunday 7pm all proceeds to the christie @MancShowChoir http://m.ticketline.co.uk/the-choirs-on-fire?platform=mobile …
- @Rachj257Judge: visit football museum great family day out ! & manchester science & industry musuem fab
- @Urbancolours: Come and see me and my wonderful prints of MCR in the cool craft market – Piccadilly GDNs tomorrow @MCRMarkets. Amazing food too!
- @Diegotwuk: I recommend Castlefield
- @siobhanp77: Family fun day @z_mcr tomorrow looks good!
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Angela Farrey: Take a visit to The Football Museum then a drink at SAMs chop house
- Sam Paton-Searls: Drive In cinema at Trafford Park and then for a meal at Trafford Centre
- Paul Murray: Manchester Print Fair tomorrow! Over 30 designers and artists will be selling their printed goods at 2022NQ 12-5pm http://www.facebook.com/events/470428529689041
- Richard James Benbow: Go to the football museum and the oyster bar for a pint. Cheap and cheerful!
- Stephen Falangy Craddock: Have a go on that ride in Piccadilly Gardens
- Sammi Collette Bland: Chill out with some retail therapy round town and chill out outside urbis
- Lorraine Walker: For food, I’d recommend Bem Brazil, amazingly different, so much meat.
- Rachel Freeley MOSI, Manchester Museum and the Art Gallery always great for families with young children.
- Manchester Tour Guide: Sightseeing bus tours – two this Saturday at 10.30am and 1.30pm. http://www.manchesterbustours.co.uk/