Planning a visit to our fair region this weekend? Here’s our top 3 ideas for what to get up to plus some great suggestions from our social media friends.
- The Cake and Bake Show will be cooking up a flour-filled storm at Manchester Central all weekend with celebrity chef demos, a giant gingerbread village and even an appearance from the Don Juan of dough Paul Hollywood. Whether you love to bake or simply enjoy a good cake, the show is a great day out.
- Red House Farm has a huge treat in store for little visitors this weekend as it plays host to CBeebies favourites Alex Winter and Mr Bloom at the Little fun Fest. The Altrincham visitor attraction will be hosting the two-day (Friday/Saturday) extravaganza for under 10s in its Big Top circus tent and barn. Hagrid from Harry Potter and Professor McGonagall characters will also be making an appearance.
- Head over to The Quays to see the new photography exhibition at The Lowry from Mary McCartney. The collection features some striking large scale shots of legendary performers including Joni Mitchell and Morrissey, along with a selection of images dedicated to ‘The Radical Woman’, which explore iconic pictures of some of the performance world’s prominent revolutionary figures.
Here’s what our Twitter followers recommend:
- @voiceofmosi: Giant bubble show at MOSI for #SaturdayScience http://ht.ly/jLZC2 – we can’t wait!
- @NewMcrwalks: Officially accredited Town Hall tour with the guide who’s done it more than anyone – Ed Glinert. Sunday, 11am f. Midland Hotel.
- @discovervintage: morning, it’s our fab #vintagefair @victoriabaths this Sunday! So if you looking for a nostalgic day out pop along and say hello
- @Britainrocks: Board the @McrMusicTours MozBus Smiths vintage bus tour Sat 11am Dry Bar Oldham St, http://mozbus.eventbrite.co.uk/?ref=estw
- @hms69: see all the sights of Salford Quays by boat http://www.manchestercruises.com 10% discount if booked online!
- @HD39: cake and bake show! At Manchester central
- @JustiniusMaximo: Go on the Sky Ride in Piccadilly Gardens! Scary but fun with great views too! 🙂
- @hownow_cc: abseil down Beetham Tower or just enjoy a cup of tea and a cake there instead!
- @mcr_central: surely there’s only one answer? Come to @CakeandBakeShow at @mcr_central. Eat your heart out Willy Wonka!
- @VintageMCR: it’s @discovervintage fair @victoriabaths on Sunday and @VvintagebyVC also on Sunday out of town
- @ILoveMCUK: come and see @MediaCityUK ; )
- @cromapizza: A visit to @cromapizza on Sunday for our £20 Bottle & a Board offer- bottle of prosecco or nice wine with a sharing board
- @bandonthewall: Coming and having some great food and a boogie at our place – it’s @mrscruff1 on Saturday 🙂
And here’s what our Facebook friends suggest:
- Sally Gilford Definitely the Hoarders Carbooty Market at Islington Mill on Sunday! Organised by Tasha Whittle https://www.facebook.com/events/156328884527244/?fref=ts
- Brian Exford Have a curry at This and That and drink wonderful beer in the Marble Arch. Lob in a bit of culture too. Job done
- Kim Hutson Tudors Live! at Ordsall Hall this Sunday – 1pm-4pm – family activities in a wonderful Tudor house.
- Michael Lever Karnival at Deaf Institute tonight welcome Ronny Gill from legendary Manchester club night Micron
- Louise Bolotin Castlefield Artisan Market on Sunday morning followed by a trip to the Victoria Baths in Longsight for its Vintage @ Home vintage fair.
- Anne-Marie Kelly bubbles display sat MOSI
- DjVlad Nrg Cativo Salsa at Copacabana Dale St.
- Castlefield Gallery Final chance to catch Hayley Newman & Emily Speed’s wonderful exhibition at Castlefield Gallery plus drop in on Sunday afternoon between 3:30-4:30pm when the gallery will be brought to life by a group of acrobats directed by the Northern Art Prize shortlisted artist Emily Speed. Free/open 1-6pm (performance Sun 3:30-4:30pm) http://www.castlefieldgallery.co.uk/event/build-up-a-practice/
- Mint Lounge: Top Of The Pops Manchester at Mint Lounge tonight! Loads of ace pop music from all decades. Easy on the cheesy but heavy on the hits! What more could they want? Oh we also offer free entry guestlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org